We're appriciating your readiness <3
but you need to log in in order to upload missions!
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is translated into 508 languages, now it’s your turn to participate in the 509th translation. In a previous mission you had to reproduce the way of human rights. Now you can go beyond the language barriers, because you’re gonna translate a few statements to the language of emojis.
The Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year 2015 was the :'D emoji. It’s officially called the ‘Face with Tears of Joy’ emoji and it was chosen because it was the most used emoji globally in 2015. We love emojis because they have been embraced as a nuanced form of expression and they can cross language barriers.
- Select 3 statements from the The Universal Declaration of Human Rights which are the most important to you
- Translate them to the language of emojis the best way you can using the emojipedia site
- Print them out separately or even better, use some paperless solution to show it to people
- Go to 25 people, show it to them and ask them to try to translate it and tell it back to you what does it mean
- Make a video about the process and send us your translation