We're appriciating your readiness <3
but you need to log in in order to upload missions!
On average, women continue to earn considerably less than men. Female full-time, year-round workers made only 80 cents for every dollar earned by men, a gender wage gap of 20 percent. If change continues at the same slow pace as it has been for the past years, it will take 40 years for women to finally reach pay parity. For women of color, the rate of change is even slower: Hispanic women will have to wait until 2233, black women until 2124 for equal pay.
Raise awareness of gender inequality in our everyday lives by changing only a few things on restroom signs. Basically, you're gonna make a data visualization about gender inequality on different topics using restrooms' signs in bars.
- Find 5 serious stats about gender inequality in your country (e.g.: number of female vs. male members of the parliament, wage differences, etc.).
- Print out these stats on separate sheets of paper in order to cover the sex signs on restroom doors.
- Put up the stats related to women on the ladies’ door and do the same with the gentlemen's.
- The stats shouldn’t contain gender-specific details, just hard data, like this: “25% of the members of our parliament would use this toilet” to show inequality.
- Be creative, play with the stats and use them wisely.
- Take a few pics of each door and record the reactions of the people who enter the restrooms and upload for us.