We're appriciating your readiness <3
but you need to log in in order to upload missions!
Roughly one third of the food produced in the world for human consumption every year - approximately 1.3 billion tonnes - gets lost or wasted. Fruits and vegetables, plus roots and tubers have the highest wastage rates of any food, at 40-50%. Every year, consumers in rich countries waste almost as much food (222 million tonnes) as the entire net food production of sub-Saharan Africa (230 million tonnes).
Reduce waste, save money, produce good quality soil - make a mini compost inside or outside of your apartment!
- Obtain something to compost in: a plastic/metal box, a garbage can and punch holes in the base and sides of it, then get a tray under the box
- First of all, place a layer of soil mixed with some leaves, newspaper, straw, nutshells (some dry bedding) into the box
- Now that the base is ready, you can compost fruit, vegetables, produce peels, egg shells, paper, tea bags, coffee, and leaves. Do not add plastic, animal waste, citrus, meat, bones or dairy!
- Stir the compost, and add some dry bedding and fresh soil every 2-3 days
- Take a picture of your very own compost box and upload a video of your first useage